WASHINGTON, DC- President Donald Trump has declared a NATIONAL EMERGENCY due to the severe Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- There are more than 132,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus in 123 countries and territories, according to the World Health Organization.
- More than 4,900 people have died worldwide.
- In the United States, there are at least 1,700 cases across 47 states
- At least 41 Americans have died: 31 in Washington state, four in California; two in Florida; one in Georgia; one in Kansas; one in New Jersey and one in South Dakota.
- The White House, Capitol Hill and the Supreme Court have temporarily suspended public tours.
- Major sports organizations have suspended or delayed their seasons.
- President Trump is expected to hold make an emergency declaration at a news conference at 3 p.m. Friday.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will isolate himself for 14 days after his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, tested positive for coronavirus.
- Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has tested positive for coronavirus, his spokesperson said. The mayor’s office said he feels well and is not showing any symptoms. He remains in quarantine.
- Louisiana, Virginia and Pennsylvania have closed all public schools for a number of days.